(1) Use of prevero GmbH’s web portal without disclosing data concerning your person
You can use our portal without disclosing data concerning your person. Your usage data is never linked to your person as part of the uses described below.
(1.1) Log files of the web service
When you call the pages on our portal using your browser, the web server automatically stores the data required for operating a web service in log files: the name of your browser, the name of your Internet service provider, the IP address of your PC, the address of the page from which you called our web offering, the name of your operating system, the web pages you visit on our site, and the date and duration of your visit. This usage data is stored temporarily in the log files and then automatically erased. It is stored solely so that activities that may have resulted in a problem can be analyzed in the event of a problem.
Cookies are differentiated by the length of time they are stored for:
- Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. A session cookie can be used, with the aid of a web analytics tool, to ascertain which pages and products are of particular interest to visitors.
- In contrast, persistent cookies are kept stored on your PC after you have used our portal. You can define the length of time they are stored for in your browser. Persistent cookies can be read again the next time you visit our web offering. In order to prevent that, you can delete persistent cookies after visiting our portal. Persistent cookies can be used to save the language you choose for viewing prevero’s site, for example.
Cookies are also differentiated on the basis of origin:
- First-party cookies always originate from the website specified in your browser’s address bar.
- Third-party cookies originate from websites you have not called directly, but have been integrated on a first-party’s site by means of photos or advertisements.
Your browser can provide you with information on the website that has stored cookies on your PC. Most browsers are set to accept first-party cookies.
You have several options for controlling how cookies are stored on your PC:
- You can directly use the relevant means of making settings in your browser. However, if your browser does not permit cookies, you might not be able to use all the pages on our website without any problems. In order to download our software to your PC, for example, you must set your browser so that it permits cookies.
- Additional software which can assume the task of a cookie manager is also available for most browsers. You can use such an add-on to erase specific cookies, prevent cookies being set on web pages and much more. We cannot and do not wish to issue an explicit recommendation for a cookie manager because the choice of a suitable add-on depends on your operating system and your browser.
(1.3) Analysis of use of our web portal
Google Universal Analytics
How does Google Universal Analytics collect data on user behavior?
If this cookie does not exist, for example because you have deleted it between sessions, Google Universal Analytics will use other methods to recognize the browser so that user behavior can still be assigned to a specific pseudonym. These methods are also used on other terminal devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc., so that the behavior of a person using multiple terminal devices can be collated and analyzed where possible.
IP address anonymization
IP anonymization is enabled on our web portal. That means our server transfers the IP address of your terminal device to Google’s server in its full length, but Google truncates it and so anonymizes it effectively before it is stored. You can find a description of how the IP address is anonymized at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=de
Purpose of Google Universal Analytics
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services for the website operator relating to website and Internet use. The IP address sent from your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined by Google with other data.
If you use a browser on a PC, Mac or other terminal devices (including mobile devices) to which you can add a plug-in, you can prevent recording of the data generated by Google Universal Analytics and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and processing of that data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. This plug-in prevents Google web analytics on all websites you visit.
You can find Google’s own information about data privacy and security in relation to Universal Analytics at:
(1.4) Links to social networks
Our portal contains links to various social networks. The links are implemented technically in such a way that your browser connects to the web server of the social network only when you click on the button in question. No usage data is transmitted to the social network until you do that. Responsibility for processing your data in the social network under data protection law lies with its operator.
(2) Processing of your personal data on prevero’s portal
(2.1) Processing of your personal data
You can use information and software download offerings free of charge and also subscribe to prevero’s newsletter. We send a message containing an activation link to the e-mail address you specified and you can click on the link to subscribe to the newsletter or download software. You can also exercise your right to access and obtain information on the stored data, as well as to have it rectified, erased or blocked, at any time in accordance with section (4.2).
(2.2) Processing and use of your personal data when you download software and subscribe to the newsletter
When you complete the form for the newsletter, downloading software or joining the prevero community on our portal, your particulars are used on our behalf by the company Act-On Software, Inc., 8300 SW Creekside Place, Suite 250, Beaverton, Oregon 97008, USA, to send you further information on the downloaded software and related services by means of our newsletter and other automated e-mails. You can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time (see also section (2.3)).
Act-On Software, Inc. also uses the particulars you provide in the download form to analyze your further use of our portal on our behalf. Certain usage data is linked to your person as part of that and stored in our CRM. That enables us to send you information and offerings tailored specifically to your interests.
We send you information from the world of prevero, about events and products and news by e-mail if
- you have explicitly requested that by checking the relevant box or
- we have obtained your e-mail address when you placed an order, downloaded further information (such as white papers), joined the prevero community or downloaded software.
Newsletters are sent by Act-On Software, Inc. on our behalf and are tracked on a campaign-specific basis.
(3) Use of your data to perform contracts
We collect, process and use the data required for performing contracts and disclose it, where necessary, to the service providers we have commissioned for the purposes we explicitly define under the commission. We do not disclose your data to third parties for their own use.
If applicable, we call credit rating information to examine your creditworthiness. If necessary, we report negative data to credit reporting agencies within the bounds permitted by Section 28a of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
(4) Further declarations on data protection
The controller within the meaning of data protection law is the company specified in the publication details. The company is responsible only for the web pages published on the domain http://www.prevero.com, but not for pages of partner companies to which our web offering may contain links.
(4.2) Your rights as a data subject, withdrawal of consent
(4.3) Job applications
Collection, processing and use of personal data as part of job applications
prevero is particularly committed to ensuring the highest-possible protection of your personal data. All personal data collected, processed and used as part of a job application is protected against unauthorized access and manipulation by means of technical and organizational measures.
Your data is collected and processed only to fill vacancies at prevero and its companies. We treat your data with utmost confidentiality and do not disclose it to persons outside the company.
Your online application
The data in your online application is transferred in encrypted form. If you apply to prevero online for a current vacancy or submit an unsolicited application, your application data is stored in our applicant management system. Your data is stored for a maximum of 6 months after the end of the selection process and is then erased automatically.
(4.4) Linked pages
(4.5) Data Protection Officer
prevero GmbH has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can provide you with information on all questions relating to data protection at prevero GmbH. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer directly if you have questions about data protection:
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Robert Aumiller
Last revised: April 2018